View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 07:56 PM   #10
JMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by final_edition View Post
Take all indicators of for MOT, they are not needed. Then re-fit after test.
They are needed on a 'road' bike, unless you are going for a daylight use only MOT test...

Road bikes have to have indicators since about 1982 [I believe], it is only bikes "designed primarily for off-road use, and have no provision for a passenger" (ie. no pillion pegs) that are exempt for a full MOT...

Jx

ps. fwiw - I have the combined brake/tail/indicators on my bike, and as of May this year, technically they do now fail the MOT - not because of the spacing (that is Construction and Use, not MOT), but, as BigFireTruck says, it is because when the indicator part flashes, it masks half the brake light...* The fact the other half of the brake light is still showing seems to have passed the legislators by - particularly as there is no set minimum size for a brake tail light anyway...

*Not sure what all these Harley Sportster riders are going to do in three years time, as the current model has no separate tail light, rather the two turn signals are also the brake tail lights, in an American stylee...