Thread: My M750 Rebuild
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 05:59 PM   #4
Taff666

Part Two

OK, so next was to get the seat sub frame chopped. Too much for me, my attempts at welding are all snobs everywhere, so thanks to Lorenzo in Llangennech for his fabrication skills.

I cut the seat pan and started to shape the remaining foam. I ordered an LED brake light / indicator combo from China, which then needed more of my amazing fabrication skills to fit in place.

The seat is still sitting a little too high so I have some more of the pan to chop off to lower it slightly.
Check out the damage to the seat foam in the last picture, the seat had been living in my workshop (ie shed) for the last 3 year and a local mouse had obviously found it very tasty!!

While Lorenzo was sorting out my frame, I decided to fill, sand and paint. There were a few small dents in the tank to be filled. Filler went in OK, primer was good, black top coat looked fine, but when the lacquer went on it dried with a slight crazing in the places where the filler was, underneath the OK coats of black and primer! Also paint doesn't seem to like carbon fibre mudguards, they are well pitted. I will have to do it again but I think it will have to wait for next winters work, I want to ride this now!

I have also fitted some Renthal bars, higher than standard, and spot the Mk. 1 risers made by my best fabricating mate Lorenzo.

So this is the current situation, the bike is now in Longlife exhausts in Swansea having a couple of very short (and hopefully very loud) "silencers" made up, photos when it comes back.

To be continued......................................