View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 09:29 AM   #52
mintyhit

Hi Mo, welcome to the forum.

In regards to the backfiring and over burning – have you ever had the throttle position sensor and idle trim reset out of interest?

These are both settings on the ECU that can be accesses by plugging in a laptop with the right software. The throttle position sensor basically needs to be set at zero with the throttle closed as this can drift over time causing the ECU to think the throttle is still open and injecting excessive fuel on the overrun. In addition to this there is an idle mixture trim, this is allows service techs to adjust the mixture for a satisfactory idle – again this can also be way out.

I’ve messed around a lot with the ECU on my bike (flashing etc.) and the symptoms you describe are exactly those when these two settings are out. If your technician is adjusting a physical screw then he might be compensating for an electronic issue if you see what I mean… which is why it gets worse again.

I’d say before investing in a remap (power commander isn’t required) I’d do the following:

1. Reset TPS
2. Reset Idle Trim
3. Verify map for the DP Full System – the ECU serial should be 96517906B

I did all of these and reloaded the DP map and my bike is very smooth in regards to power delivery.

Oh, no idea about a larger tank - Altaian on here carries a few small oil cans of fuel with him in his backpack for his streetfighter.

Last edited by mintyhit; 04-04-2013 at 09:32 AM..