View Single Post
Old 18-05-2017, 11:22 AM   #2
Dennis menace

Bike: Other Ducati
From memory I had to re-use the sleeving from the timing case and extend the wires supplied as they were too short. I used a draw wire to pull the new wires through the old sleeving. I twisted and soldered to extensions to the new wires and heat sleeved them but I guess you could use an in-line crimp connector but that would be bulky with four wires. The new wires on the Electrex World pick ups are different colours to the old ones so be careful to follow the instructions. I don't recall the new pick ups having any terminals and I think I joined mine in-line to the old wires, again soldering and heat sleeving. Obviously two in-line connections per wire is not good so you might want to replace the connectors near the battery with wires that reach right to the new pick up ones. Again from memory I think they are just spade connectors at the end. The new pick up wires barely reached the end of the sleeving that comes out of the timing case. That said, the new pick ups worked well. Don't overtighten the pick up holder screw and gap the pick ups correctly.
Dennis menace is offline   Reply With Quote