View Single Post
Old 01-09-2005, 08:29 PM   #22
Gilps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Soup
How did this manifest itself? I have noticed that mine 'hunts' a bit when at constsnt mid revs.

Anyone else have this?
The bike was very vibey below 3k. I just put this down to being a v-twin. It pulled quite well above 3k. I wasn't blown away by it though, as my last bike was a 2004 Triumph Sprint RS with loads of grunt (too much to be any fun which is why I sold it and got the Monster). I was happy enough with the performance as I had not ridden a S2R before I bought it. However, the service guy at Pegasus said that he was not happy with it and that it felt a bit underpowered. He adjusted the fuel mixture as it was way out but he could not get it quite right with the computer. He said to try it out. Big mistake. It was then 10 times worse. It was missing and gutless below 3k. It did make a difference above 3k though. Now there was plenty of pull and I was quite pleased. It looks like this thing is not going to be as slow I first thought. It went back in last Saturday where they spent a couple of hours on it. Apparently the balance of the thottles was wrong. They corrected that but still couldn't get the fuel mixture right. It went back in yesterday for the technicians to have a better look at it and to consult Ducati. It is suspected that the valves may be too tight. I will hopefully have more news tomorrow. I'm not technical, but when I get the answer and it gets fixed I will let you know the outcome.