View Single Post
Old 06-03-2024, 08:32 AM   #2
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Shame no one has had a go at replying to this. I'm sure someone must have some knowledge of this?

I have only done coffin type masters. My approach was to get a seal kit from Powerhouse https://powerhouse.uk/ or Moto Rapido.
Studying the parts in the seal kit give you an idea of how it goes together and what you can afford to destroy getting the old one out.
I had to destroy the rubber cover that conceals the innards of the coffin type and there was a retainer in there that seemed to defy any means of removing it, until I found out that I was being too scientific, the way forward was to be more brutal and hoik it out with a thin screwdriver. I had to make a very simple tool to get the retainer back in nice and square as I recall.

Radials will probably be completely different, but my approach would be the same.
Brembo kits usually come with a tiny sachet of special grease for assembly, which in the past I have carefully preserved the unused contents of, but I have just splashed out on a little pot of rubber grease.