View Single Post
Old 17-05-2006, 01:41 PM   #10
Shandy

I'm of the 6ft 4in height as well and have no problems with that on mine, apart from the odd 'you look like your riding a minimoto' comment. You can cheaply raise the ride height up a touch, there’s a few threads kicking around on that.

Handling wise its great, this was my first bike as well a couple of years and I have no hankering to change it yet, plenty of acceleration, great off the mark and it easily sits at 90mph on the motorway with a bit left over. But as others have said you don't want to be doing that for too long, with the wind blast it gets a bit annoying after a while.

If you get a standard one the performance can always be tweaked up a bit with dyno jetting, replacement filters, different cans etc.....

Just check for the usual good service history with the belts changed every two years from a mechanical point of view, aesthetically check for rust on the frame/swing arm as there made from the good old mild steel, check all the rubbery bits for cracking/splitting....etc - this was all the stuff that was (and some of it still is) wrong with mine!!

Good luck finding one.