View Single Post
Old 23-09-2015, 04:17 PM   #169
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Continued

I have to take all three pieces of my yokes top and bottom ( plus a spare I have and will sell ) to vapour blasting in Sevenoaks as soon as I pick up from BigOz as he repaired the lock stop hole thread where it was a baggy fit. Then I can actually build up the bike for real with loctited nuts and bolts for real.
I am due to pick up a bike lift in the next week too which will assist me for real in life and make life that little easier and safer for my back too. Its secondhand but pretty much as new and has really only been used as a table to build on and not for maintenance. Its part of my xmas present so happy with that.
I still don't have any news regarding the engines progress but I am not too worried. Once I do have it back I need all the bolts out of it to be plated and I now have a small pile of other since acquired and had to make a second cable bracket for the left hand side and some more fittings found. I also want to replate the seat brackets as I have some letter stamps and have done them with stamps as original look.
I bought the stamps to make a frame number plate as much as I tried to mask off the number. You can still see it but I could not match the colour in the missing area so made a couple of plates and stamped the numbers on and will either be stuck or riveted on so if plod wish to remove they can and have photographic evidence. It will also stop frame frame rubbing off from the cables. I may get one podercoated at Redditch again the correct match to make it blend or use the alloy finish.

I got another secondhand seat cowl from Ducati Wolverhampton last week too. Not perfect but I wont need to repaint it for now. It has a few chips and was missing one mounting insert ( didn't describe it at well as in fact didn't describe any damage POOR POOR seller ) so I made one from half a spoke wheel nipple re-threaded M5 and used some large diameter silicone tube as a mould and filled the hole with resin glue around the nipple. I then just had to trim the top off and touch up with red paint. Its not as severe modification I had to do on the last one. It works and is just waiting for a new decal.

I have 3m of 8mm pipe coming for carb breathers and need to figure out the wrong fuel tank breather pipes as to where I route them pipes to as they have fuel pipe fitted to them and far too thick and overkill.

That's pretty much all for now.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote