Thread: GPX Files
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 09:20 PM   #11
Flip

Bike: M900
Thanks for the replies chaps.

Totally agree about maps- I love them- they show where you are and what's around as opposed to just how to get somewhere.

Our Euro jaunts are always 'one town- one night' (usually five nights away) so when getting from one to another it is nice to have a route of known time/distance should the weather turn rubbish to minimise riding in it for example.

This then allows us to take much preferred and the longer twisty routes (typically making it 200+ mile days) either when we see nice roads or by setting my Garmin to the 'twisty' option, stopping as and when we want in little towns or places of interest while the weather is nice but still making sure we're able to arrive in time to freshen up (totally agree they are a Godsend for actually finding the Hotels) before going to find a nice place to eat for the evening.

As the bikes in our group have a variety of fuel ranges being able to sync a route would mean anyone of us could lead giving who was a break, while also making sure no one misses an all important fuel stop as they could take the lead when getting near fill up time.

So thanks again, I will check out all those programs and have a play to see if it's possible- if not, no worries- it'll still be Monster fun!

Last edited by Flip; 07-01-2020 at 09:35 PM..
Flip is offline   Reply With Quote