Thread: GPX Files
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2020, 10:14 AM   #1
Flip

Bike: M900
GPX Files

Hi Everybody,

With the mix of available technology for navigation these days and a four or five bike European trip being planned for later this year I need some help getting a variety of Sat Navs and phones etc. to all give the same directions.

For example I use a Garmin Zumo and a mate I often ride with uses the Tom Tom equivalent but for whatever reason, they can both be set with the same preferences (no Toll Roads, no Motorways etc.) and they will come up with different routes initially, even if we put 'way points' into the routes.

Obviously the sat-navs will re-calculate en-route while following the lead bike but this isn't ideal and as the group is larger this year it would be nice if we could all be on the same route from the start.

The sat-nav's themselves will take a memory card on which a GPX File can be located but can somebody please tell me the best way of doing this?

Or alternatively I may be missing something obvious to the more techy here and so a better idea so that we can all use the variety of devices and follow the same route?

Thanks