View Single Post
Old 11-08-2019, 02:37 PM   #970
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
Yesterday I bonded in the tank filler insert which was a bit hairy as I had to locate it from below and could only tell by feel whether it was in the right position. When I inverted the tank to check it was in the right position it fell out so I had to do it again. This morning I checked and it is reasonably central.
private image hosting
Then I tried to make the seat mounting pads using foam and then encapsulating it with CF. The pads that rest on the frame can only be half thickness or they infringe the tool tray and I realised that the CF could not be continuous across the width of the seat as I would need an inside edge to glue the seat covering to.

Checking this morning this seat pad arrangement will need to be re-worked as the thickness of the CF encapsulation raised the seat too high vis-a-vis the frame. Also a half saddle pad that only sits on half the frame does not really work as there is a tendency for the pads to separate when load is applied from above. If I had thought about for a nano-second I would have realised this. A full saddle pad will mean some modification to the tool tray.
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote