View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019, 06:26 PM   #69
Martin C
Bronze Member

Bike: M900
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
Sorry you had to do this Martin, but it is for the best and to be honest I'm quite relieved.

Don't let this put you off organising runs and events for the club even if sometimes it doesn't work out as planned. Everyone will understand.

September would be a good time to look at this run again?
Thanks, and it hasn’t put me off - I’ll be doing it on Saturday by myself quite happily. I realise that many of you have more commitments and demands on your time than I do, so no problem at all.
Mind you, I’ve just spent 2 hours in my courtyard replacing the Monster’s found-to-be-jammed-and-leaking rear tyre valve assembly (I keep spares), using an old truck valve-spring compressor with fiddly blocks of wood in order to - eventually - break the tyre bead in-situ and thus get to the blasted thing, without removing the wheel.🙂 Fortunately, I can still remember how to do this sort of unexpected last-minute stuff! The downside of that tedious task being necessary is that I was then unable to simultaneously sunbathe and do my VAT return.☹️