View Single Post
Old 17-07-2019, 04:34 PM   #963
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
Back to stuff I almost understand.
I took my CF sheet off the glass this morning which came out OK, just a couple of minor imperfections. I realised that 3 laminates will not be stiff enough to support the fly screen so another lamination was laid down.
Another lamination was also applied to the seat hump pad which when cured should be ready for cutting to shape. The pad and the seat will then have to be tailored to fit each other so a) the outside edge of the pad follows the same external contour as the seat hump, b) the raised part in the middle of the pad fits into the glove box hole and c) the slot is cut in the seat base to allow the pad to locate without compromising a) or b) above. The slot will have to be cut first.
Then I had a 3 hour struggle getting the fly screen out of its mould. The outer surface has about 3 places where repair will be necessary but worse the stiffer CF has not followed the mould very well so I shall have to grind out where it is not in contact with the outer skin and lay down a couple of fresh laminations. Once that is done I will have to fit the headlamp to the front fork yokes and then ascertain where to cut the hole in the front. This will be tricky because the headlamp bezel is due to protrude through the fly screen at the top but not at the bottom so the hole will be slightly elliptical and getting the height and the shape of the hole right could be problematic.
My ETTC is now down to 190 hours
Pictures will not upload today sorry
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote