View Single Post
Old 03-01-2023, 11:04 AM   #1
buzzer

Bike: M900
Ducati 1000 DS custom build

December 2022 and my Guzzi build is finished, So onto the next project, a Ducati Multistrada 1000 DS. *I bought this as an unfinished project and it has some nice parts with it... *light wheels, 4 pad brakes, and many more nice parts.

I wanted to make this build a bit different. I have in my head what it will look like, and some criteria for the build. It must be light, single seat, less old school, *Carbs (I like carbs!) underslung exhaust... no tail piece, and above all minimal... *I will ask myself do I need to fit this! *Here is where it all starts!

I have ordered a load of stuff, but due to strikes and the time of year nothing will be here till the new year… It was also very cold in the main workshop, and with the cost of heating I don’t want to put the central heating on in there so the first job on this build was to make the throttle of all things. I can do this in the side workshop which is small and cheap to heat! As I am using flat slides I want some positive means of closing them, which means a pull to open, pull to close set up. I tried splitters in the past to do this but disliked the action, so decided on a 4 cable throttle. I made similar for the Guzzi build and it worked well, so this is an enhanced version of that with a slightly smaller cable wheel as the Guzzi throttle is a little too quick… I refined my silver soldering technique after watching the repair shop, and I have to say it worked rather well!