View Single Post
Old 23-08-2004, 10:58 AM   #8
madhatter
Gold Member

Bike: S4
All happened too quick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary tompkins
I know hindsight etc.. is a wonderfull thing, but you said the white paint was covering your side of the road - was wondering why you didn't ride round it on the other side of the road or footpath?
65mph up a hill....get to the brow of the hill.....10 feet in front of me there appears to be something wet on the road.....juggernauts and cars coming towards me from other direction.....I was travelling through it almost before I saw what it was....no time to avoid, brake, pull emergency paracute, nothing...

The number of white lines down the road beyond it would indicate that I am far, far from alone in having got splattered!!!

Thanks for the advice Gary, about Cellulose paint reacting with the turps based paint. Looks like many hours will be spent with a wire brush.....what about nitromors or paint stripper....or would this react horribly with any of the metal alloys used on the standard monster engine?

Looks like Chappers got there just before me.....that's about the way it was, don't like to think what would have happened if I been braking hard as I slid into that lot with juggernauts coming straight towards me.....Madhatter Paste probably...

Last edited by madhatter; 23-08-2004 at 11:01 AM.. Reason: Chappers......
madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote