View Single Post
Old 22-05-2019, 06:54 AM   #10
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Lack of adhesion isn't something that I've noticed on either my S2R or my 748R and they're both SSSA's.
The 748 carries stupid corner speed and is stable with a ton of rider feedback. If you get the chance to try a 916 or 748 you really should take it. They are not the comfiest ride but that's made up by the way they ride. OK I'm biased but the 748R is probably the best handling bike I've ever ridden, you throw it at the road and it just says no problem. The reviews that say it's handling is sublime really aren't over rating it.
My S2R not quite the same as the rear shock is poor and pretty much EOL, jump between the two and you really notice the difference.

Given a good shock with half way decent set up and making sure the overall geometry isn't changed by more than a degree/cm or two then it's really unlikely the difference would be noticable in normal use.

And yes the single siders are about easier wheel removal, if you like them they also look quite cute.