View Single Post
Old 14-10-2007, 05:24 PM   #14
Paivi

Factory visits are at 11am and at 4pm and last about an hour; you've got to be there around 15min beforehand. You'll need to book the tour in advance, as the groups are limited in size. The museum is within the factory, and there's a small shop, too. The big shop is further up the road (walking distance); as you exit the gates, you turn right and go to the end of the road, it's opposite you.

As for parts, my clutch lever costs £17 in the UK and €10 in Italy (about £7), so on any expensive items, you're bound to save, even if you sent them by post, as the Italian post is reasonably priced (I had to send all my stuff home, as after my crash, I couldn't attach the panniers any longer; two panniers full of stuff cost just £30 to send, and they got to London before I did about 3-4 days later).

I stayed at the Hotel Amadeus in Borgo Panigale, about 10min walk away (or two on the bike) from the factory; this is the official Ducati hotel, so ask for a Ducati discount. I got a huge discount, as Ducati Bergamo (who fixed my bike after my off) booked me a room. It's about 15m by taxi to downtown but in a housing area, so there's nothing to do or see and the hotel is quite clinical, but for anybody going to the factory by bike from the UK, this hotel is brilliant, as it's straight off the motorway.

Last edited by Paivi; 14-10-2007 at 05:31 PM..