View Single Post
Old 26-02-2020, 09:54 AM   #15
MotoNik
Bronze Member

Bike: M600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip View Post
Yes I changed my clutch pressure plate bearing too but that’s not a C3 spec as apparently it runs cooler- I do have an open cover though.

MotoNik- have you changed the fixed bearings as well and you manage to get the tensioner ones off their brackets okay?

Apparently if you order the tensioner bearings from Ducati they are supplied on the brackets and as one large bearing the same as the fixed ones as opposed to two bearings fitted on the shaft. Ridiculous money though obviously!
Not actually checked the fixed bearings to be honest - I'll look at them tonight. Ducati don't supply the tensioner arm anymore, only the bearings and associated hardware. I ordered the two bearings from Simply Bearings, and a new e-clip from Moto Rapido. I ended up getting the old bearings off with a really large hammer and some robust language. The result was I managed to close up the e-clip slot, although I've since rectified that with a Dremel.

With a bit of luck I'll have the new cambelts in tonight, and I'll be another step closer to getting the bike started!
MotoNik is offline   Reply With Quote