View Single Post
Old 13-03-2005, 04:12 PM   #3
Duncan

Cant speak for the DOC centrally but in my dealings with them they have been a helpful bunch.

They are one of the longest established Ducati clubs in the world and are very professional in what they do.

They may have lost the youthful zest that we have but they do a good job with a membership that often do not give a toss. At AGM time they struggle to fill posts and at branch meetings its often very low numbers. On admin there are about 3 people doing the lot including chasing subs, writing mags, etc etc. Its the same few faces attending the shows too.

I support my local branch and attend meetings etc. On club runs, they support my efforts as UKMOC area rep. Today was a fine example where members of Bristol branch came out with us. Last year we made a few joint rides to visit the Wye Valley DOC, its all about making the effort.

Theres too many that own Ducati's, join the club but never use them and put nothing back.

I suggest you look up your local branch, call them arrange to meet and take it from there.