Thread: Nobody Knows
View Single Post
Old 16-11-2004, 07:03 PM   #17
JMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemonkey
Can't help thinking you might have a ringer there...
Aw come on people - stop frightening the new boy x

I would say it's a 'Bitsa' rather than a 'ringer' - and there's nothing wrong with that in itself as long as it's put together right - afterall, AK's bike is an M600 frame, 996 Swingarm, 916 forks, 900SS engine, S4 tank, jesters-hat tail piece (cut down now of course x) and that is no cause for concern...

As for the frame - looks like someone has just welded on a few brackets/lugs to a monster frame to me (again like AK's) but I wouldn't say it is suspicious...

Garish however, yes.

A touch more seriously for a moment - I come across lots of vehicles built from bits in my work for the Land Rover press, the vast majority of which are well put together using a series of interchangable parts together with some custom fabrications... as with this bike, I think the only real question is whether the modification work has been done to a satisfactory standard to be road-worthy, and that whether the DVLA feel it would be more appropriately registered on a Q-plate.

However, Q-plates can be/are an insuarance nightmare, especially for bikes - so be careful how deep you dig in this matter LD.

I do agree with GT in that perhaps you ought to discuss this situation with your insurance company, if only 'hypothetically' - just to make sure you are not left without cover... normally all they will require is an engineer's report on the vehicle.

xxx

Last edited by JMo; 16-11-2004 at 07:08 PM..