Old 26-08-2004, 01:26 PM   #7
madhatter
Gold Member

Bike: S4
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteS4
i think I should have the right to beat you as hard as i feel fits the crime
Now here's a man with an opinion on scumbag burglers and thiefs that matches my own!!

The law (and Little Monster will probably correct me) as I understand it says something like "you have a right to protect yourself, your familly and your possessions with reasonable force that matches the perceived threat". In other words if someone breaks into your house and comes at you with a knife, you can respond with the force that you felt necessary to protect yourself, if they have a gun, you can similarly respond with the force that seems reasonable under the circumstances. If they are standing with their hands in their pockets, regrettably you can not blow their head clean off with a 12 bore. I'd be inclined to say I saw him come at me out of the garage with a long screwdriver and thats why I hit him twice with the pickaxe handle m'lud, to disarm him, and I deeply regret the fact that during this both his arms were broken!

Sorry for all the waffle....did you have an alarm fitted? What sort of ant-theft devices did you have? (lock&chain, disc lock etc).

Last edited by madhatter; 26-08-2004 at 01:29 PM..
madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote