View Single Post
Old 23-08-2004, 10:29 AM   #5
madhatter
Gold Member

Bike: S4
Angry The Police to the rescue".....Not!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Yerbury
blimey! Its probably to early to see the funny side.....If you wanted a white paint job this would have been a cheapskates cause to celebrate!
Alex, regretably the funny-side is a long way off yet, but indeed this is an excellent cheapskate method for re-spraying your motorcycle.

Our old friends at the Northamptonshire Constabulary have paused for 30 seconds from catching speeding motorcyclists with their cameras hiding behind bushes and issuing correction orders for noisy cans, to come to my aid. They tell me that although there is an incidence report raised for this, if the investigating officer can not prove that the tidel wave of white paint was the cause of the garage and didn't just "fall off the back of a lorry", I have no option other than to put in my own claim, to my own insurance!

At least this comforts me slightly that I made the right choice by getting home and "doing it myself" as I can almost hear the non-claims discount evapourating and the premium quadrupling from my insurers.

Looks like I may just need to repaint the engine (in location on the bike if possible) and replace the tyres (MOT chap said they need replacing in about 1,000 miles anyway.........Deep Sigh of Resignation!!!
madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote