View Single Post
Old 02-08-2004, 10:53 AM   #7
logyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca
After reading this post I was filled with optimism, for I too got a good deal on my M800 a couple of weeks ago and feared a huge first service bill.

As it turns out I was not disappointed. Just got off the phone, they are trying to charge me £215

I reminded them that I actually bought the bike from them and I know for a fact that they just serviced an S4 for well under what they were quoting me.

They said that the S4 owner must have negotiated a deal with the salesman at the time of purchase and the 1st service takes over 4 1/2 hours so they can't budge on the price.

I told them that Italsport would do it for £150 (and would have done it for next to nothing if I had bought the bike from them), and they simply said sorry it's still £215.

It's safe to say that they have lost my custom for anything but warranty work in the future....

Macca
Sorry to hear of your woes mate!

I suggest you you go and watch your bike being worked on (if you have time). Then you will know how long they take. There is a viewing window designed for that very purpose.

On the servicing side I have no quibbles with Italia...apart from the fact that you have to book about 6 weeks or more in advance !

I do not know why an air - cooled bike should take longer to service than the water-cooled version on a first service. If it helps I will fax you the list of items from my service book (or does your book contain the info ?) .... if you supply a fax number.

Hope you get sorted.