View Single Post
Old 08-06-2004, 08:56 PM   #14
Zimbo
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie & Ruth
£75 is just for fitting the scottoiler i bought the thing at the BMF for £65.
In that case it's outrageous, they don't take long to fit and are fairly easy. If they're charging that for labour to fit it no wonder your service quote is so high.
Fit the scotoiler yourself, it's easy, the parts you need are in the kit, and the instructions are pretty good. If you're not confident in your abilities I'm sure someone here local to you would help you. Failing that, get your local bike shop to do it, their labour rates will be half your Ducati dealer's.
Get the tyre done elsewhere, the dealer's price is taking the ****.
Finally, good advice re asking for a breakdown of the work they're going to do, they're having a giraffe at your expense. Ring round a cople of other dealers for quotes as well, and don't be afraid to play them off against each other.

Finally, do the dealers really charge £65 for four litres of oil?? That's over double the cost of shell advance synthetic in a high street shop, and almost certainly double what they sell it for on their own retail floor! A genuine oil filter is a fiver from a main dealer. I really can't see how they can possibly justify that sort of money!!
Zimbo is offline   Reply With Quote