View Single Post
Old 13-05-2024, 09:33 PM   #100
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Yes, thanks for the callipers Darren. I'm hoping it won't be too long before I can try them out.

Continuing with the catch up. I had been wanting to do something with the remote reservoirs on the handlebars for some time, as the rather complicated brackets, pipes and clips had been getting scruffy and also on my nerves.
Following what Nasher had done with his I had designed some pots that fit directly to the masters and also pick up on the mounting bolt hole for the remote pots.
But then I happened upon a pair of Multistrada reservoirs going very cheap on eBay, complete with lids gaskets and bolts. For sale by a certain "Buzzer" as it happens.
I've sanded the lettering flat on the lids and polished them up, replaced the rubber grommets in the masters and fitted them.. easy as that.

This is much cleaner than the remotes and I quite like the look.
The ones I have designed will eventually be 3D printed by my nephew, but he is a rather busy lad at the moment, getting his career off the ground after getting a degree.
We've done some experiments with printed PETG and it seems to hold brake fluid indefinitely with no leaks. Polypropylene seems to be a little more problematic to print at the moment pending further experimentation when time permits.

Another little detail that had been annoying me was the rear light lens screws.
I had painted them silver a couple of times before, but this doesn't last and the heads are in poor shape.
I took a sample to my stainless screw man at UKStainless and we matched the thread rate on the self tappers with round-head wood screws. A little rub on the buffing wheel puts a sparkle on them and they fit a treat. I had to buy 100 so they were a rather expensive pair of screws, but I will offer these in twos by post when I work out the price. I think they'll come out at a quid posted if anyone's interested?

They did make the old lens look decidedly scruffy, so I bit the bullet and bought a new (pattern) one. The light body is rough too, but I'll probably blow a bit of Gold on it and magic it back to new..

Last edited by Mr Gazza; 13-05-2024 at 09:35 PM..
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote