Thread: 2024 Wassup?
View Single Post
Old 29-12-2023, 07:09 PM   #11
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Ron, I'm looking forward to hearing what you can find out about glamping in your proposed area, it might just be the new take that's needed?
I've heard there are a few such sites local to me, but not sure what numbers they cater for? I get the impression that they tend to be rather isolated for that "get away from it" experience? Always tended to not pay much attention to it due to the silly made up word for it, but I'll look into it in Norfolk.
I've also had the idea to try a static caravan or lodge type camp for some years, there are still a few on the North Norfolk coast that have not yet been washed into the Sea!

Nigel, Thanks for the suggestion, it's worth further thought, but the day UKMOC start rolling up to a meet with caravans is when I leave!

Thanks for your thoughts Nasher and for speaking your mind. You confirm the need for re-inventing the Weekender/National meet. As for a long ride and the unpredictability of the weather, I recall the ride to the Cumbria Weekender. Grumpy and I stayed on the North Yorkshire coast for a night and crossed Yorkshire to Cumbria on day two. It was a monsoon all the way across. A day of riding in pouring non stop rain! I bought new gloves half way, as the sodden old ones were definitely not going back on when they turned inside out coming off.. Fun though.
Thanks for the other suggestions too. I hope you'll remind us nearer the dates and we'll see if we can rustle up some support. I was introduced to Sammy Miller by Jim Reynolds many years ago and have always wanted to go to his museum.

Last edited by Mr Gazza; 30-12-2023 at 10:02 AM.. Reason: phat fingered typing!
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote