View Single Post
Old 13-11-2023, 02:08 PM   #7
FrankenDesmo

Bike: M900
It's been a while since I've actually had the wheel off, I got to thinking about it as I'm looking to start the wee refresh project this winter and the local wheel refurbishers usually run a good discount leading into Xmas (I've had 2 sets of car wheels done the last two years on this deal), so figured I'd sort the bearing situation first.

It definitely wasn't rattling around in there from memory, just easily removed.id imagine too loose is beyond the gap spec of the retaining fluid, which is different for each of the various loctite versions. I think retainer alone is probably going to be enough, though the shim tape idea is interesting as it is think stainless steel adhered to the bearing, and being a wheel bearing is not under a lot of heat or rotational stress (unless seized, which won't be happening if I can help it - they're cheap enough to replace annually if I wanted to). But that assumes the gap is big enough to accommodate tape, which even at the thinnest available is probably too thick and just wouldn't fit once applied.
FrankenDesmo is offline   Reply With Quote