View Single Post
Old 15-08-2023, 09:51 AM   #96
Dukedesmo

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by 900Rebuilder View Post
Yes I've got early 916 fork legs for this bike coupled with Renthal Street-Low fat bars. If they are too low I'll get some spacers made that are the same dimensions as the new risers to be able to fine tune things - we shall see....
Having properly re-read your post, if I've understood it correctly then it will almost certainly be too low.

Unless your forks are somehow different to the 2 sets of 916 forks I've got? then there is around 40mm of 'gubbins' protruding from the fork top so unless you fit them with the tops flush to the yoke (which would be too high a ride height) then the bars will foul the fork tops.

I'd say you'll need another 30 - 40mm height, mine has 30mm risers on top of the OEM 40mm? Monster risers and there is sufficient (but not much) clearance.

Assuming the 40mm is to bar centre? then with fat bars being fatter then the lower edge of the bar will sit closer to the fork top than 'thin' bars meaning, all else being equal, you'll have a little less clearance.

You could use a suitable bar riser though a custom spacer underneath would look 'cleaner'.

Dukedesmo is offline   Reply With Quote