View Single Post
Old 14-08-2023, 11:48 AM   #92
Sirc

Bike: M1200R
Quote:
Originally Posted by 900Rebuilder View Post
Cleaned the brake callipers up as best as I could but cant get them any better than shown despite multiple efforts with various cleaners. I'll have to settle for the dirty look and pretend they are magnesium

Also need to find a source for the pad pins as there seems to be a number used across the years by Brembo / Ducati etc. I've found some SS ones on ebay but they dont come with the little barrel shaped spring holder and also have an extra part on the end with an R clip which mine dont

Unless your calipers are somehow different to the many i've owned and lightly refurbished, i think the "grubby" grime appearance can be removed with a diluted solvent. You can safely use GT85 for this, as the propellant that evaporates in seconds is perfect for this, although it's an expensive way to do it. This and a clean toothbrush or nailbrush and some clean cotton cloth, the latter used quickly after after each spray, works wonders.
I can see some more ingrained discolouration that probably won't be improved, but this looks to be a minority.