View Single Post
Old 05-06-2023, 09:53 AM   #21
Dukedesmo

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by 900Rebuilder View Post
The casing is still on the ie engine and the carbed one is completely apart so will be easy to compare the parts when I get into it.

I think what the issue maybe is the combination of ignition pickups / flywheel / crankshaft. The ie engine has the 3 yellow wires and the carbed version has 2 but its the pulse coils that are different as the ie motor has 3 wires where as the carbed version has 4

If the ie coils will power the Ignitech unit ok then that should be much easier or am I missing something really obvious here?
The Ignitech powers the coils and picks up it's signal from the 2 pickups in the engine that the flywheel actuates 90 degrees apart.

I don't know but would think the i.e. uses a 'missing tooth' pickup on the gear for reference and then the ECU determines firing points?

If so then you'd (probably) need to fit the carbie style flywheel and pickups for which, pickup mounting points should be there (they are on a 916) but, if the flywheel mounting is different then it might complicate things?

Dukedesmo is offline   Reply With Quote