View Single Post
Old 25-03-2022, 06:46 PM   #62
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron1000 View Post
Is it possible for the engine vibration to gently rotate the clutch shaft?
Ducati vibration can unscrew all sorts of fasteners, so I wouldn't rule it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron1000 View Post
One last thing when you say ‘started to unscrew’ do you mean that keyed part isn’t freely rotating? Does it have threads it’s supposed to tighten into? If so i would imagine mines would start to rotate again.
I haven't had an Oberon apart, but I'm assuming that it screws together.

This type of slave has an anti-rotation pin to stop the pushrod damaging the cylinder. Since the clutch rotates anticlockwise (when viewed from the clutch side), if it wasn't free at the clutch end, then it would impart a turning force to the slave, which might be enough to twist the back plate. Pull the slave off again, (don't lose the pin!), and see if you can turn the pushrod easily. I wouldn't have thought this would be an issue with wet clutches though.

If you look closely at your picture, there appear to be two punch marks; one on the outer casing and one on the back plate. Should these be aligned, I wonder?

You could always email Oberon explaining what happened and see what they say. admin@oberon-performance.co.uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by slob View Post
sprocket is very worn on the side of the teeth, something’s out of alignment. almost like the boss has been fitted on the wrong side of the sprocket, except that side would wear on a 696 with the sprocket fitted for 796/1100.
I wonder if that's just the chain cutting through old lube, Rob, rather than wear of the actual sprocket.
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote