View Single Post
Old 31-01-2022, 07:41 AM   #5
jerry
Old Git

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Im flying to Thailand next week ,, still got to finish cleaning engine crank cases and barrels and paint them , they did not need disassembling as the inside is still perfect ,, valve shims are all in spec as its copression ,,so its a hand jobby , the side covers are powder coated ,, the frame , wheels are powder coated in silver ,, the tank and seat cover is Ducati red fresh paint ,the rest of the body work is CF,, got most of the spares I need ,, I will be replacing all the JPT connectors and crank sensor as they were all crumbling from age and UV ,, but I still dont know why it would not run ,, I think it was the knackered connectors ,,to efi as it ran with starter fluid and petrol blasted into the inlets ,, fuel pump is ok but I have a spare ,,pressure regulator seems fine,, will be cleaning the injectors and putting in new seals,,

The Ohlins prc46 has been fully refurbished ,,and new swing arm bearings , wheel bearings and various other new bits will be fitted ,including steering damper , tail chop has been reversed as in Thailand not having a decent rear mudguard was really messy

I will be there for at least 4 weeks maybe 6 so should easily get it all together ,and it will look almost new and fully refreshed , will it run ??? hmmm