View Single Post
Old 25-09-2021, 12:26 PM   #143
buzzer

Bike: M900
Strip down begins… the bike is now all in pieces and the frame and wheels are at the powder coaters. The engine is all in pieces as well ready to have the cases vapour blasted. Engine wise its all good apart from the exhaust valve guides which is a common problem on these engines… I need to replace the guides. Its easy to check if they are worn, here is a little video to show how to check them… the valve needs to “just” off its seat.

Here is a puller I made to remove the gearbox bearings. I know you can buy blind bearing pullers (I have a set) but for the gearbox bearings on the Ducati engine they don’t work well as there is no inner race to pull on, and you end up pulling the rollers out and breaking the plastic cage! They are also expensive bearings to replace at £60 each…. This puller expands fully into the rollers as the bolt rides up the internal taper. Also a primary gear puller I made a few years ago, along with the dimensions for that. I know you can buy them also (£150… where is the fun in that) but this cost me £20 for the laser cutter to knock me out 5 sets! Happy to share the CAD drawing…

checking for guide wear...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rV2OPrxpNw
buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote