View Single Post
Old 16-09-2021, 05:18 PM   #28
PPuxley

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
That's an absolutely brilliant piece of work from start to finish
By the way I assume this will work with the ie model senders which have the power supply cables for the internal fuel pump going through the sender body. They work with a thermistor much the same as the carbie ones.
Yes, it will work with an ie type with the pump wiring incorporated. Thanks to Davey who sent me an old one, which I was able to take apart.
The innards drill out easily, and if Id realised the whole end piece was removable before I cut it in half , it could almost certainly have been used as the shroud in the conversion.

Incidentally, if yours has failed simply because the wires have broken at the base , it is perfectly possible to drill out the first 8mm depth of epoxy to expose the solder terminals so that it could be rewired. I did that before I took it apart completely. Just drill with a 5mm drill to a depth of no more than 10mm in the centre and between each wire- 5 holes and it will more or less fall out leaving the terminals exposed.

If anyone is interested in a converted one of these for an ie- since I have it here, I will make one up at cost (£50), otherwise it will remain as a confirmation that it could work to anyone else who wants to try.