View Single Post
Old 13-09-2021, 05:21 PM   #24
PPuxley

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
That's an absolutely brilliant piece of work from start to finish Patrick. Well done.

You're going to save Monster owners a fortune, so you deserve to make something out of it.
If you read my latest post on headlamp adapters you might gather that I've had some unfortunate experiences outside the club with word getting out that there is a cheaper alternative to the extortionate US adapters. I have now limited availability of these to club members only, My advice to you would be to do the same with your superb sender re-con unless you're charging a viable rate to make the grief worthwhile.

By the way I assume this will work with the ie model senders which have the power supply cables for the internal fuel pump going through the sender body. They work with a thermistor much the same as the carbie ones.
Thanks. I wasnt really intending to start production, what I have written about above is simply that I had ordered a couple of the relay boards so had one spare which I have made up and those costs above are purely parts costs (probably under, in fact).
I did read your headlamp post, and you are right about having to charge a decent amount to cover the ag.
And I think thats where my sender falls down. Theres around £40 or £50 in parts, so i I suppose I would have to charge £100, and thats just not enough of a discount on OEM to be attractive.
But if one's handy with a soldering iron it might be a DIY proposition.
There are other issues, too. Its not proven long term yet and I note the source of sensors at £25 from PiHut is limited, after that I can only see them at £35 and above.
The principle will work in the ie but Im not familiar enough to say how the installation would work. But more than happy to have a look at it if someone posts a diagram or photo.