Thread: S4 idle issue
View Single Post
Old 19-08-2021, 08:43 PM   #39
Terryphukwit

Bike: S4
Thanks, I have had a read though these and tested both alternator and rectifier, all appears good, I currently believe it was simply overheating and passing no charge to the battery, this then caused a drop in power to the ECU, this then caused uneven running and when the fan takes the last bit of power it's game over.. Please let me know if I am barking at the wrong tree, I have moved the RR to the outside of the frame and bolted it to a bit of alloy plate to increase the heat sink area, today it did not stall once, clocked up a couple of hours riding and had no dodgy idle issues, I have only one issue now, where do the fans get power from, the ECU switches them on at 104 degrees, they have there own fuse but I was expecting a relay somewhere, when they come on I get a drop in idle speed, not enough to stall but significant enough to assume an issue, I need to have another look at the battery voltage when the fans come on but would not think they suck that much, could they somehow be depriving the ECU of power?? Feeling confident I am nearly there with this now..
Terryphukwit is offline   Reply With Quote