View Single Post
Old 06-05-2021, 11:23 AM   #160
PPuxley

Bike: M900
6th May 2021
The Watching Paint Dry Thread

Finally, three visits to the paintshop and as many rattle cans later, Ive got the early wheel/frame colour I want for the "916 Gold" of 90s Monsters.
It takes the standard DUC-19 (Lechler 217A) and uses much finer flake and doubles the copper 61036 to overcome what I thought looked too silver. Then finished in matt lacquer, which still has a certain lustre.
I got a crash course in metal flake from Richard at Paintshop Products- who knew, (well you do, probably, Buzzer),that not only are there different sizes of flake but you can have dark or light sided in combinations, we used dark/light and light/dark to give the same affect regardless of viewing angle.

Lechler Code Details

Postman deliverd a few packages this morning. One from my favourite electrical auto parts supplier https://kojaycat.co.uk Colin really does seem to be able to supply all of the obscure connectors Ive ever needed, particularly some of the hard to find Japanese ones.
Here Ive got what I will need for the FH020A Reg/Rec when it arrives and stuff to complete my side stand/neutral/ starter interlock module. Also some brightener from Gateros plating, which should hopefully overcome my recent dull results.