View Single Post
Old 01-05-2021, 02:19 PM   #155
buzzer

Bike: M900
Have you thought about getting a compressor and spray gun to paint rather than rattle cans? I have an Aldi compressor which was £79 and a £15 spray gun… Although I tend to spray in the garage( I have an extractor and air fed mask) my mate paints his tanks and frames in the garden! He gets fantastic results… if he gets some dust in the surface he just flats it with 2000 wet and dry, and polishes it with compound. He has now gone all posh and bought a Gazebo!!

Modern 2K paint is fantastic, and with a decent mask, spraying outside I think its OK. its also very forgiving of temperature..

The spray gun is an interesting one… I have had a Binks Bullows 230 for over 40 years, but it was second hand when I got it and is now worn out. I have bought quite a few new guns over the years, but still gravitated back to the BB 230 as I just couldn’t get a good finish with various new guns. Then a couple of years ago I bought one off Ebay for £15 due to the reviews on it… its FANTASTIC! my mate has the same gun

buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote