View Single Post
Old 03-12-2020, 05:39 PM   #5
Flip

Bike: M900
I too had only heard good things about Image Works but my experience of using them (again much from reading how Albie has been impressed with them) was not so good.

After doing some repairs to the fairing of my Yamaha Thundercat I required some new decals as Yamaha spares support for legacy motorcycles is quite frankly terrible so I contacted Graham at Image Works.

I emailed photos to ensure he knew which decals I wanted and he explained that his were printed on clear rather than colour matched backgrounds as per the original (meaning his could be used on any of the three colour-ways for my model year), so while not ideal I ordered a pair as it worked out better value even though I really only needed one side.

When they arrived it was immediately obvious that not only was the font incorrect but also the design itself.

I re-sent comparison photos twice before he agreed his didn’t match and without so much as an apology or offer to correct them (or me asking) he refunded in full.

Therefore I took that as him saying ‘take them or leave them’ and he wasn’t really interested.

I’m glad others have found them ok as it is a proper pain trying to find good quality ‘correct’ decals for older motorcycles.