Thread: New 620 Owner
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 10:20 AM   #1
velosam

Bike: M1000ie
New 620 Owner

Hello all. I recently (a month or so ago now!) bought a nice and clean 2004 620 and I'm loving it. I've had bigger bikes, but the grin-per-cc factor on this bike is awesome, the feeling is like when I got my first bike on the road and spent all my time grinning ear-to-ear.

I've already done a couple of jobs on it:
  • Changed the indicators to some rounder LED ones (they were mismatched and I didn't like the shape), i had to make a couple of tabs to mount them, but have a mate 3D printing some new mounts to fit into the tail chop. I'll post up once this is done.
  • Added an LED strip for the numberplate light (the tail chop deleted the original but the wiring was still there).
  • Changed the discs as there was a pulse on the brake lever when I got it - the original wheel powdercoating had gone onto the mating surface for the brake disc, it had already had discs a few thousand miles ago (the bike's only done 13k) and the mechanic clearly hadn't picked this up as being the reason that the disc had worn, I took it back to a flat surface and all seems good.
  • Sourced a new tank rubber - one side was missing, got it from Italy for £2.99... plus £13.99 postage!
  • Found a headlight fairing, currently prepping it to respray.
  • Bought db killers from SP Engineering as the cans are super loud and even though the MOT tester is a mate who I cycle with, I dunno if he can look past that!

I'm going to do the belts over the winter and do an oil and filter change. Seems as though Ducati belts are the thing to get as apart from the Flennor ones (which seem to have mixed reviews), I've not seen any that are really any less in terms of cost.

Last edited by velosam; 02-11-2020 at 12:38 PM..
velosam is offline   Reply With Quote