View Single Post
Old 21-09-2020, 11:08 AM   #4
spuggy

Bike: M900sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren69 View Post
Try it with the open airbox lid first as it mightbe that.
It behaved exactly the same with the factory lid, as I recall. Just hadn't put all the clues together then.

Quote:
PCIII on the S4 usually live near or on top of the battery as I think the wires might be too short to reach too far, but who knows, it would be fairly easy to spot one.
Right, they don't look exactly tiny - and don't see that many places it could hide...

Quote:
I usually leave mine on a slight fast idle until the LOW temp on the dash changes (about 40C I think it goes off.) That might be why it's stalling. I have to warm mine up really well as it has a lightened crank and so will stall dead easy if you try to pull away on a cold engine.
Hmm - 2001 got the pre-LCD clocks. No temp display that I'm aware of.

Quote:
I suppose it wouldn't hurt to unplug each of the sensors and give them a clean up with contact cleaner. There are 2 water temp sensors the one on the front cylinder is just for the display, the rear one is for the ECU so maybe start with that. You might even be able to swap the actual sensors if the cleanup doesn't improve things. The air temp sensor is underneath the dash but you probably know that if it is the same for the 2V 'ers
Ah, never had to mess with the air temp (IAT) sensor on anything; don't know where it is

Good suggestion, thanks!
spuggy is offline   Reply With Quote