View Single Post
Old 21-06-2019, 04:13 PM   #7
Dukedesmo

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
Thanks Rob...Should have gone to specsavers..

Cheers for the info DD, So if it were say, an early S4 with 916 engine on about 18000 miles would you expect the problem to have shown by now?

Would you happen to be able to venture a very approximate ball park for Newman to "modify" 16 rockers?
If they've made it to 18k without issue then they might be OK? but you should always check every service and you need to remove the camshafts to check - but this is easier than it sounds.

As for Newmans, I had mine done 10 or more years ago and IIRC they charged around £40 per rocker - which is considerably cheaper than buying new ones (well over £100 each IIRC). Obviously you would need to remove and refit them but it's not too difficult a job.

Actually you can normally get away with doing just the openers because closers rarely fail, bonus being that openers are really easy to change, whereas the closers are tricky as you have to battle with the valve springs.

If you do need any standard (not 'Newmanised') replacement rockers, I've got quite a collection of them in good condition (some are new but used ones maybe better as they have been 'proven' in combat) that I have amassed over the years so can sort you out with something.

Dukedesmo is online now   Reply With Quote