Thread: Tyre balance?
View Single Post
Old 31-05-2019, 07:13 PM   #3
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
[QUOTE=Luddite;565287]A good spot, Mr Gazza./QUOTE]

I see what you did there...

Yes I sure would have been on the case with the aerial imagery analysis. I have been very interested in Aerial Archaeology for some time. I was flying models carrying wet film cameras with servo operated shutters long before it became easy with drones, digital cameras and live viewing.. You can even do it in an armchair these days, with Google Earth.
I have spent hours in the local museum, where I can request aerial survey photos of specific grid squares from their archives.
It's wonderful being allowed to handle (cotton gloves are provided) the actual photos taken from Canberras that I saw flying in their day. They took 12" square plates which were trimmed down to 9" photos to eliminate lens parallax. most still have the cartographer's pin holes in them at strategic points like road junctions and so forth.
As the cameras rolled, they flew at the correct speed and height for each exposure to overlap perfectly... Which they do. What is even more amazing is that frames from years apart match perfectly... that's some pretty skilled flying.

WW11 PR pilots are my heroes, they had the fastest planes and no guns.

Did you know that you had one of my Headlamp adapter rings in your avatar?
One of the last jobs Buzzbomb did on his 1100 Monster was to convert to an early Monster headlamp and fit one of my rings (He called me Lord of the Rings sometimes, and other unprintable things!).
As a nod to me he had them put a ring on the logo for the weekender... His legacy lives on..

Last edited by Mr Gazza; 31-05-2019 at 07:15 PM..
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote