View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 05:23 PM   #26
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
I got a lovely surprise this morning when a mystery parcel arrived.
Yes. My Cibie H180 , which was on back order and not expected till January at the earliest.

So heads up to all those interested in these units. They're back in stock at Larkspeed.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-x-CIBIE...MAAOxyuCJRfeak

I've never had one in my hand till now and it looks very promising.
The reflector is a perfect smooth parabola and not faceted at all. The lens has some very crisp refracting patterns.
Strangely the bulb socket for the H4 is slightly on the squiff. I assume this is to concentrate light to the nearside on dip? But it will probably do the same to the high beam to the offside.. Curious!
A full test will follow as soon as possible. I also have a next generation LED "bulb" to try, with 4 large LEDs and a cooling fan. A feature is that the dip and main LEDs are on at the same time, the main extinguishes when dipped.
I was going to try and wire in this feature on the bike to give the main beam more power and infill, but now I don't have to...

Heads up to Yellowfever also.. I see that the Cibie is made in Belgium, so there should be a good chance of getting a right-hand dip version locally.