Thread: Daytona NO!
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2004, 12:11 PM   #9
Jay

From the 'grapevine' i've heard Daytona are apparently being dropped by Ducati UK, they didn't want to take on the Ducati London Central branch, and want to invest more in the Jap market. Hopefully this is true, as they really do suck so big time. I've told everybody interested in a Ducati to steer clear. Unfortunately missed one and he bought a bit of a dud 996, in three months he has already spent 2k on it, 1k of it on a new clutch! There's one nice guy there, who's good to chat to, but basically pretty useless when it comes to the bikes as he's all hard sell, makes me cringe!

As for a really good London Ducati man you could try Alec at ProTeam in Wimbledon 020 8946 8624. I've found him to be very good, explains things and spends time with you going over what's wrong etc, cheaper than a dealer. But of course the disadvantages of going with a smaller company is that you don't get a comp bike. Ducati London South and Central have a good call-out service, they arrange to pick the bike up the next morning take it to their's to fix up etc. What I've done is get breakdown cover, so I'll just get it taken to Alec if ever it goes wrong and leave it with him to sort out.

J