View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 03:34 PM   #16
ocatoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickj View Post
IE is iniezione elettronica (electronic ignition), they don't mention the fuel injection.
The S2R is a nice step up from the 620, I've got one and it's a nice ride. It's also got the classic thin tube frame, the stacked pipes and single sided swining arm give i a more modern edge. People do say the front calipers are a bit 'weak' which I've not really noticed but you can upgrade them if you want to (they aren't as aggressive as my 748's but then the 800 has infinitely lazier feel to it).
Don't sweat the maximum BHP, it's the torque you should look at ... A typical inline 4 has lots of power in BHP but much less torque, riding the monsters wide flat power curve is much more fun.
if Ducati say it's iniezione, iniezione is injection. if it means ignition, you mean ignizione... (say it yourself.. in-yet-so-neh)

I think just depends on cost vs condition trade-off at this point having ruled the 620 just fine. anything faster and in the same price region is going to be fair game also

the brakes on the s2r specifically? or the brembos on the monsters in general? the 620 I rode yesterday had the strongest brakes of any bike I've ever ridden.

true facts on the meaningless bhp numbers. but this is why I wanted to get my hands on one... as the feel is everything.

Last edited by ocatoro; 03-05-2018 at 03:36 PM..