View Single Post
Old 18-04-2018, 09:09 PM   #5
Dukedesmo

Bike: M900
With all this talk of headlight upgrades and, given my disappointment with my own (at least the high beam) I have fitted one of these LED units into my M900; https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162962739...m=162962739217

My Monster doesn't actually have an OEM Monster headlight so I didn't need one of Mr Gazzas rings to fit it as it is already a 7" light so a straight fit (well almost as I did have to alter the retaining clips) - I do actually have one of Gary's rings but it is to use on my Guzzi which does have a Monster headlight .

Anyway I previously had a HID bulb in a non HID housing which was very good for the dip beam but the high beam had no focus and just scattered away making it less than satisfactory.

I tried the headlight out today for the first time (bike has been laid up until this week with engine problems) and can say that I'm fairly pleased - the dip beam may not be quite as good as previously as, although bright it has some 'fragments' in the beam due to it having several LEDs rather than a single bulb but the full beam is much better than before.

Added bonus is I can do away with the ballast and the LED uses less current than either HID or conventional bulb putting less stress on the electrics.

I also took the opportunity to rewire the relay setup to be neater as previously it was an 'evolved' setup with various add-ons that were messy so now I have a neat bank of relays and fuses making everything easier on the eye and easier to access for any maintenance.

Dukedesmo is online now   Reply With Quote