View Single Post
Old 12-04-2018, 08:50 PM   #648
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
Finally finished preparing the motor for painting today, most of the day with a brass wire brush either in the electric drill or a much smaller version in the Dremel. I wore eye protection whilst doing this and glad I did because you could feel the detaching strands hitting your face. Alas, I think some must have attached to my shirt as after I took it off I got some in my eye which is still there as I write this.
Brake cleaning fluid alone was used to degrease, fortunately I had 3 aerosol cans as I used nearly all of them. We shall see tomorrow whether they worked.
I then made up some straps from 25mm x 3mm steel flat to bolt to the inlet ports to use as lifting eyes. I then lost an hour as I could not work out how to release the ratchet strap which had previously held the steering head secure, I always struggle with ratchet straps – this one was ”coil bound” and a right bugger to open out
Finally, I made up one AMP 2 wire male connector for the neutral switch. Only2 more 2 pole male connectors ( fuel sender and rear brake switch) and 1 x 5 pole male Rear light cluster) to complete all the AMP connectors in the loom.
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote