View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 06:48 PM   #607
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
I'm in a similar position as you with the top yoke.
The various tapped holes have been used to accommodate my little homemade screen and the bracket that holds my battery charging/satnav socket. Also my one-piece bar clamp has been modded to take the satnav ball mounting.
But tbh, I don't see that there's much to be gained from a bling, billet yoke .. other than the bling.
Your (and my) money was much better spent on superlightweight wheels, I reckon.
And I quite like the "shed" nature of a polished, std item.

I have the same front mudguard, but I don't particularly favour the shortened rear blade, which doesn't do much of a job at its primary purpose of keeping road splatter and grit off the engine (when fitted to a naked bike).
I've had a crack at extending the rear, but its not exactly easy since the additional cantilever length can cause unacceptable "bounce" of the rear section.
I have yet to test my latest attempt but I feel that I have pushed the weight and length a tad beyond the limit and may need to do it all again.
My bike has independant lower brake lines, so I cut off the mounting for the crossover line from the linked caliper system that the mudguard was originally designed to accommodate.
In retrospect, this may have been a mistake as there may have been some additional support for the rear section of the guard to be had from that arrangement and I may have been better to switch to the linked-caliper system.
I mention all this in case your thoughts end up going in a similar direction.

Very much on the plus side though, the superbike guard protects the fork stanchions much better than the original monster one.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote