View Single Post
Old 22-01-2018, 12:05 PM   #10
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Dukedesmo ..
1) I don't know exactly where the reduced dia is along the pushrod (didn't even know it was there as I've never had mine fully out) but maybe it acts to form a chamber to "grab" some oil and move it along the bore of the shaft and into the wider-bore section more efficiently than if it were just being dragged along on the pushrod's plain surface ? In which case the pumping might be a little more "positive displacement" than I suggested earlier.
2) I have been coming to the conclusion that, as you say, the pressure plate bearing is worth changing as a matter of course .. mine's been there for 25k miles. I don't think I'll bother with the internal needle roller though .. there's no load on it to speak of anyway.
3) I hadn't thought about it from the point of view of the seal but I was thinking that its probably best to remove the pushrod from the slave end also, because doing it the other way, in the event of the o-rings being damaged there is a chance, albeit a small one, that they might pop off the pushrod and become lodged in the wider bore of the shaft.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote